When Electrolux moved in to a new home in Bonifacio Global City, a house warming party was inevitable. Guests were treated to a cooking demo with celebrity chef Bruce Lim and mompreneur Janice Villanueva, two of Electrolux brand endorsers which also includes Chef Rosebud Benitez and mom-and-daughter duo of Cheska and Kendra Kramer. Family and personal recipe favorites were shared by these brand ambassadors that is simple to prepare and yet delightfully yummy. (See Recipes below)
The Delightful-E Yummy event highlights bonding moments with the family for an enriching culinary experience of food preparation and sharing meals with the family.
“Electrolux believes that the kitchen is the heart of the home,”shares Andrea Pontilla, Marketing Manager, Electrolux Philippines, Inc. “Delightful-E Yummy capitalizes on the simple yet most treasured family moments spent inside the kitchen as well as the stories that come with it.”
The delightful activities did not end there, Electrolux also kicked off its digital campaign with the Delightful-E Yummy online photo contest, Delightful-E Yummy Web Series on Youtube, and Your Moments with Mommy consumer contest. For more of these, exciting announcements, visit http://www.facebook.com/thelittlewhitebook or follow @electroluxPH on Twitter and Instagram.
Chef Bruce’s Creamy Adobo Penne Pasta
500 g Penne Pasta
3 liters Water
Salt to taste
500 g Adobo pork or chicken (Left Over)
100 g Adobo Sauce
400 g Culinary Cream
50 g Onions (Chopped)
20 g Garlic (Sliced)
100 g Parmesan Cheese (Shaved)
30 g Butter (Unsalted)
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Using the Electrolux Induction Range, quickly bring the pasta water to a boil with salt. Once boiling, add pasta and cook to al dente
2. To make the sauce, add butter to a large sauté pan and add onions and garlic.
3. Saute for 2 minutes or until browned. Add the adobo. If you are using chicken, remove the bones first by pressing with your wooden spoon to break it down.
4. Add adobo sauce and cream. Simmer until the cream has thickened slightly. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper if needed.
5. Add the cooked pasta while still hot to the pan and toss. If it is dry, add a little of the pasta water to help bind the sauce. Serve on platter and garnish with shaved cheese.
Janice’s Quick Bangus Belly
Dona Elena anchovies
Pure olive oil
Salt and Pepper
1. Season the bangus with salt and pepper, drizzle with olive oil
2. In a separate bowl, mix diced onions, tomatoes, and anchovies, chopped garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
3. Top mixture over the bangus belly
4. Set the Electrolux Oven Toaster at 210 degrees and bake the Bangus Belly until slightly brown. This will take around 15 minutes.
Cheska and Kendra’s Chocolate Cookie in a Cup
1 tablespoon Butter, melted
1 tablespoon granulated White Sugar
1 tablespoon of firmly packed Dark Brown Sugar
3 drops of vanilla extract
Small pinch of Salt
1 egg yolk
Scant ¼ cup of all-purpose flour
2 heaping tablespoons of semi-sweet chocolate chips
Vanilla ice cream for topping
1. Starting with the melted butter, add sugar, vanilla, and salt. Stir to combine.
2. Add the egg yolk to your mixture.
3. Add flour, then stir again. Measure slightly less than ¼ cup of flour.
4. Mix in the chocolate chips and give a final stir. Now your mixture will resemble a cookie dough.
5. Cook in the Electrolux built-in microwave oven at medium setting for 40-60 seconds. Do not cook past one minute. Just like a regular cookie, this will continue cooking as it cools.
6. Carefully remove from the oven. Taking out vanilla ice cream from the Electrolux Side-by-Side refrigerator, place a scoop on top of the warm cookie.
Chef Rosebud’s Pinoy Pesto
1 cup malunggay leaves
5 cloves of garlic
1/3 cup cashew nuts
½ cup parmesan cheese
2/3 cup olive oil
Breadsticks or crackers
1. Put some of the olive oil on a heated pan. Add the garlic and sauté until light brown.
2. Add the cashew and the cup of malunggay. Mix until the leaves are cooked.
3. Transfer the mixture onto the Powermix Silent Blender. Add the remaining oil. Pulse until you achieve your desired consistency.
4. Serve with crackers and breadsticks.