Everyone hates brown outs and high monthy electricity bills. But it seems we have to choose one or the other. Because having brown outs is not an option, Meralco finds ways to help the public manage their bills better. Recently, Meralco has launched its MeralcO Virtual Engine (MoVE), an iOS and Android-friendly app that allows consumers to have more power over their monthly electric bill.
One of the key features allows users to compute their power consumption based on their appliances’ cost per hour and length of use per day and week. The MoVE app also gives users electricity-saving tips, Meralco news updates, and more.
List of featureps:
1. Usage – tracks your electrical consumption in real time, by adding your appliances and switch them on and off in the app as you would use them at home.
2. Calculator – lets you forecast the electrical consumption when buying an appliance or simply know how much an appliance costs to operate.
3. Directory – easily find the Meralco branch or Bayad Center nearest you.
4. Information – notifications on power interruptions, scheduled maintenance or Meralco events.
5. Bright Ideas – helpful tips for your home on how to conserve electricity
6. E-Bill – delivers your Meralco bill online for convenience
The launch of the MoVE app held at The Lighthouse at Meralco presented horoscope videos starring comedienne Giselle Sanchez to make the message memorable and entertaining.. She plays Madame Giselle, a fortune teller who identifies the electricity-wasting bad habits of each Zodiac sign and gives advice on how the MoVE app can help them. Watch the videos on Meralco’s YouTube channel.
The MoVE app is available for free, on both the App Store and Google Play. For details, visit meralco.com.ph.